LightBlog

vendredi 23 juin 2017

Samsung is Mass Producing the Exynos i T200, its First Exynos-branded IoT Chip

Samsung has a number of IoT products already and the company, along with many other technology companies, feels that this segment is ripe for growth. We know that Samsung likes to manufacture as many hardware components that are used in their phones as possible, and this new announcement is big for them. They have just announced the Samsung Exynos i series of IoT chips and the first one they've started to mass produce its first Exynos-branded Internet of Things solution.

The chip is called the Samsung Exynos i T200 and it's built on top of a low-power 28nm High-K Metal Gate (also known as HKMG) process. The company is advertising that it has high processing capabilities as well as Wi-Fi connectivity (IEEE 802.11b/g/n single band 2.4GHz), which they feel is ideal for the IoT market. Naturally, it's been certified by the WiFi Alliance, but it also has IoT certification from Microsoft Azure and it natively supports IoTivity (an IoT protocol standard from the Open Connectivity Foundation).

When we look at what the Exynos i T200 process is built with, Samsung has confirmed that it has a Cortex-R4 processor paired with a Cortex-M0+ processor. This means the Exynos i T200 can process and perform a variety of tasks without having to have an extra microcontroller IC in the system. Samsung is aware that security is a big concern when it comes to IoT devices as well and they assure us that they're willing to tackle that head on.

The company says the Exynos i T200 uses a separate and designated security management hardware block that they're calling the Security Sub-System. Not only that, but the Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) IP allows the Exynos i T200 to have secure data storage and device authentication management. All without the need to have a key fused into silicon, and without having to rely on a discrete security IC for key storage.

Source: Samsung Newsroom

from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2t1Zl8d
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire