LightBlog

lundi 28 mars 2016

Lockups, app crashes, phone freezes, random reboots

Hi guys, I have a very irritating issue with my international Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925F) and hopefully someone could help me fixing it.

I'm experiencing frequent lockups mostly when trying to wake up/unlock the phone. The device becomes totally unresponsive to screen or home, back, window button taps and eventually after lots of tries it comes back to life and behaves as normal. The problem becomes way less frequent (almost disappears) if I connect it to a charger.

What I tried up to now with no luck fixing the problem is:
  • Disabled all the TouchWiz smart features, location services, wifi and radio broadcasts, rotation, nfc, sound, bluetooth, fingerprint scanner,
  • Checked all the sensors from the *#0*# menu and they seem fine,
  • Flashed through Odin, Smart Switch, TWRP official and custom roms (5.1.1, 6.0.1),
  • Tried rooted and non-rooted roms,
  • Tried odin's NAND erase all option and repartioned the phone using the ZEROLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit file,
  • Wiped the persistent partitions (sda11, 13) using the ADB commands dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sda11, dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sda13, which however gave me:
    dd: /dev/block/sda11 (sda13): No space left on device,
    so I don't know if it was successful or not,
  • Updated (PASS) the TSP FW version from the *#2663# menu,
  • Opened the phone and powered it up after disconnecting all components apart from screen and battery,
  • Tried different battery.

Does anyone have a similar problem and knows how to fix it? Unfortunately, my device is out of warranty so I wouldn't like to visit a Samsung service centre.

I haven't tried alternative PIT files with hidden partitions of various sizes yet. Do you think that it will make any difference or, furthermore, is there a chance of further damaging my phone?

Could someone please with a similar device dial the *#2663# code and give me the following information? Phone's and part's TSP FW version, TSP threshold.
Is there a Phone's and Part's Touch key FW version available? In my phone I cannot see the Phone's, Part's Touch key FW version paragraph at all and I'm curious if this is related to the problem.

Looking forward for your tips! Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1LTRQVf
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire