LightBlog

samedi 30 avril 2016

Dump contents of entire device (partitions), then convert to KDZ/TOT firmware image?

I have the LG v10 from T-Mobile. I bought the phone a few weeks ago and it had Marshmallow installed. Somehow I managed to install TWRP/SuperSU, but then had issues and flashed the official/stock MM image with LGUP. Afterwards I discovered that MM for this device is not currently rootable, and TWRP cant be flashed via fastboot because MM blocks it. So I returned the device to T-Mo store, lied and said it force-upgrade to MM and had began freezing up. They did an in-store trade for an identical model that had 5.1.1 Lollipop.

The device is currently still in factory condition in every way, with the exceptions that I unlocked the bootloader via fastboot and installed TWRP. Nothing else is modified yet and no custom ROMs have been flashed.

I recently became aware that there is no stock LP image for the T-Mo v10, only MM images are available. After all the issues I've had, I'm now paranoid and want to have a complete dump of the phone's entire contents (partitions, bootloader, system, etc) that is in KDZ or TOT format, and can be reflashed with the standard tools available. Since there is nothing official then I would have to do this myself. This would be useful in the event that I run into lots of issues and need to do a emergency stock restore.

I found a thread by XDA user @tungkick, in which he created a modified dump of the device while it was running LP. However, because it was unofficial and he didn't disclose this upfront, his thread was shut down. His file bricked multiple MM users. I assume it would work if one was still on LP and hadn't upgraded to MM. Not to mention that I cant seem to find his file anywhere. So I figure the safest way is to do this myself. I would be willing to make this file available to the community when finished, with full disclosure that it is unofficial. But the problem is, I don't know how.

I know that the Linux dd command can be used to dump images of various things, and I have read that this can be done on PC by connecting to the device via ADB or fastboot. This would hopefully result in an image file that contained the contents of all the device's partitions.

But another issue would be converting it to KDZ or TOT. And it would have to be done in such a way that it would be flashable with the standard tools.

Can someone please give me a technical understanding of the tools and knowledge I would need to undertake this? Would it be too complicated for someone like myself that has little Android/Linux experience (but is generally competent with computers/technology)?

Thanks for any advice!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SSnMci
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire