LightBlog

mardi 31 mai 2016

6P Dead and Huawei Won't Help

I purchased a used Nexus 6P a couple of months ago. It died while I was using it a few days ago. It will not show any signs of life whatsoever. It will not even accept a charge.

I spoke to Huawei and explained the problem. They refuse to repair the phone even though I am willing to pay for the repair. They say that if I do not have a valid receipt (Ebay, Swappa, etc. don't count) that I am out of luck. Amusingly, I was told that they have a way of determining if the phone was ever rooted (which I do not believe) and that if it was ever rooted, this also voids their responsibility for repairs even out of warranty.

I have never had a hardware failure like this and have tinkered with perhaps 20 phones over the years. I have never run across this situation before.

Can anyone suggest an alternative or do I though this expensive device in the trash?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/25xxwOQ
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire