LightBlog

mardi 31 mai 2016

First impressions

Just picked up a brand new T-Mobile G5 yesterday, traded in my Note 5, using the JoD program, I still have 1 more "Jump" available for this year. Might not have been the smartest switching of phones, but I was getting bored of the Note 5, and wanted to try something fresh and different, never having owned an LG phone before. The Note 5 was a nice phone, I was just done with it.

Was between the HTC 10 or LG G5, and the G5 had a ton of promos going for it, and was cheaper, than the 10.

First impressions;

- It really is a better looking phone than pictures do it justice, looks pretty sleek and very modern. It surprised me actually, thought it would be an ugly phone, but it really is unique and cool looking.

- Overall size is very nice, smaller than the Note 5, like an in-between size, not a small 4.7" iPhone 6S size, but also not a large phablet size either, the G5 is a good middle ground size. Feels good in the hand, rests comfortably in the hand, and lays flat on a table, which I like, not a fan of the canoe type phone, that rock back and forth when on the desk.

- Screen is a bit dimmer in brightness, doesn't seem to get as bright as I would like. Even inside the Office on auto, it's too dim, and if I manually adjust, it needs to be set to like 70%, whereas the Note 5 never needed to be set that high in the office, it was more like 50% at most. Outdoors both the Note 5 and G5 are still hard to see in the sunlight. Overall the screen seems ok to me, not bad, but not great either.

- Speed, this thing flies, very smooth, very fluid, really no issue with performance.

- Battery ? Too early to say, but hot damn the Quick Charge 3.0 is insanely fast. Just plug it in for like 20 minutes, and I get 50% charged, it's shockingly fast at how much battery % gets charged up so quick.

- I rooted the phone, and running Xposed with some battery friendly mods, and all AdAway type stuff. As well as a debloating zip to wipe all the bloat and crap, and Titanium Backup to delete a lot of stock LG crap.

- LG UI isn't that bad, but I run Nova launcher, and a ton of stock Google apps, so I don't see a lot of the stock LG stuff, but for what it is, the LG UI is just fine, no issues with it whatsoever.


So overall this seems to be a nice phone, but I do wish the screen was brighter and of higher quality, and we'll see about battery life ? The build quality seems very good, and I do like the unique style of the phone. But to be honest, since I do have 1 more "Jump" left this year through T-Mobile, I will save that for either the Note 6 or possibly the HTC Nexus line, rumored to be back with carriers this year. No sense wasting a "Jump" on the HTC 10 or S7 Edge right now, may as well wait till Aug / Sept see those upcoming phones first. The S7 Edge does look great, but the T-Mobile version is locked down, zero rooting, which is a deal breaker for me.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/25xxbff
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire