LightBlog

mardi 28 juin 2016

[Review] Tronsmart Presto 12000mAh USB-C Fast Charging & QC3.0 Powerbank

Disclaimer: I was sent these items in exchange for an unbiased review.
Tronsmart Presto 12000mAh Powerbank

Unboxing and First look



Overview
I have been searching for a nice powerbank to charge my Nexus 6P since I bought it back in September of last year. Tronsmart finally made what everyone (in my opinion) has been looking for in a battery pack; this battery offers both QC 3.0 and Type-C fast charging due to the way it's designed. I've tried a few different battery/power banks before this one for the Nexus, yet all of them that offer a Type-C port break the USB specification.
Tronsmart claims this powerbank is one of the most efficient on the market giving you the ability to maximize the power it stores to charge your phone. I haven't tested that claim yet, but I fully intend to do so and publish my results below. I also own a 12000mAh Aukey powerbank, and a 10400mAh Choetech one as well. I do have other batteries, but their capacities aren't similar enough to compare here.

What's in the Box
-Tronsmart Presto 12000mAh Powerbank
-Documentation
-USB A-C charging cable with the proper 56k ohm resistor




Build & Design
In the typical Tronsmart style they have opted for a glossy plastic border alongside a matte plastic body. The plastic feels nice, and has a subtle texture on the matte section giving it a more refined feel. I appreciate how Tronsmart carried over their design language across multiple products (chargers, powerbanks etc.) which gives the end user a familiar feel to their products.
On the front of the powerbank you will find two ports; the first is your standard USB-A that offers QC 3.0, while the second only charges via USB-C fast charging. I like how they separated the circuits to offer both standards in one nicely designed battery especially for people like myself that own a Quick-Charge enabled phone (QC 1.0/2.0/3.0).
Along the side you will find a power button that turns on the battery for when you want to charge your phone(s).






Charging breakdown by port
Input (Type-C): DC:5V/3A
Output (Type-C Port): DC 5V 3.0A Max
Output (QC3.0): DC 5V-6.5V/3A 6.5V-9V/2A 9V-12V/1.5A





Summary
This has quickly become my new go to powerbank given the wide range of charging options it offers for both of my phones.
I also really appreciated the compact design, solid construction, and consistent styling offered.

I will follow up this review with a battery test to see how efficient it is while charging my Nexus 6P over USB-C and my S7 Edge via the USB-A QC 3.0 port. I'll also add a short review of the braided USB A-C cable I was sent tomorrow.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/291IuZF
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire