LightBlog

dimanche 31 juillet 2016

Advice needed: root or not to root?

Hi all.
I'm a long-time Android user. I managed to make my old HTC One M7 running alternately cyanogenmod and Google Play edition last for three years or so, and just switched this week to a lovely new S7 here in the UK.

It looks to be the perfect phone- very fast, nicely designed, lovely camera.

The first thing I did was install CF-autoroot, but I chose not to affect the system partition with the decryption option yet as I didn't know whether this would be strictly necessary yet. Then i installed titanium backup and restored all my apps and app-data from the HTC.

So, here I am a few days in, and I'm considering whether I should de-root it and go back to stock. My battery life isn't great, and by my reading it really should be. I'm getting to need a charger by ~7pm.

Things I want:
1- android pay is excellent- the option to never have to have my wallet with me is really attractive.
2- good battery life

In the past I've been a great fan of having TWRP to do backups, and switching between different ROMS using titanium backup to restore apps. I've always run xposed to tweak things.

Now, my basic understanding here is that xposed and root mean that I can't use android pay. That really does swing it for me.
Unfortunately the battery life is also currently a problem. I'd like to get rid of all the useless samsung bloat as well.

The options appear to me to be:

1. Wipe and go full stock, unrooted.
2. Remove verity and start from scratch with a debloated ROM. Lose android pay.
3. Stay as I am and accept that the battery probably isn't as good as I'd hoped.
4. Unrooted stock and somehow debloat without using root (don't know how to do this without titanium backup 'feeze' option).

Is there an optimum way forward here? I'd appreciate advice.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aiXTmh
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire