LightBlog

vendredi 1 juillet 2016

Help getting XT1575 working again while in Japan. Please!

I'm in Japan for a couple of weeks for work and signed up for the Japan pack that Sprint offers. I spent almost an entire week working with Sprint support ( :eek: ) trying to get data roaming working properly on the phone without much luck (voice and text worked great), but yesterday I lost all connectivity but wifi. Figuring I must have changed something I shouldn't have, I saved everything I could and did a hard reset on the phone.

It still won't connect to any networks. I've re-downloaded PRL and device configs over wifi in the settings but it doesn't even attempt to connect to any wireless networks, or see any for that matter.

I have 2 guesses here but I'd like some kind of confirmation here before I take any action.

1: Maybe my radio firmware is corrupted somehow? I'm not exactly sure how to check it but it just doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. In the SIM status page it says searching for network, but I have no way to know if that's really the case.

2: Since the phone has a Sprint SIM, does it has to be on an actual Sprint network to initialize the networks? (Not Softbank's network here in Japan?) I spent over an hour on Google Voice with them last night trying to get an answer/help but got absolutely nowhere.

The phone is currently all stock but I have no problem unlocking and installing recoveries/software/roms if need be. Any ideas what I can do here or am I just stuck without communication until I get home next week?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/299YQeZ
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire