LightBlog

samedi 30 juillet 2016

Latest RMA Device Issue with Voice Calls

Hello Everyone,

So, over the last month, I've had to RMA my 6P for various reasons. Mind you, I had experienced no issues whatsoever with my phone before. I loved it--up until seemingly the May update. My first RMA was due to an apparently known issue with the headphone jack. With my headset plugged in and the phone in a pocket, when I'd come into contact with the the headset wire, it would cause my music (streamed via Google Play Music) to pause mid-song. I would then fiddle with the wire, and the song would resume. Also, sometimes while playing a song, Google Now would annoyingly trigger constantly. If I was on a voice call with the phone in my pocket, contact with the top of the wire would either mute the call, or end it all together. It didn't matter if I initiated the call to a mobile number or a landline, or if the other party was calling from their mobile number or landline.

Anyway, I initiated my first RMA, and the device I received took care of whatever was causing the issue. However, I'm now experiencing yet another issue with voice calls. This latest issue occurs completely at random during any voice call, where the other party cannot hear me. Again, this also happens whether I initiate the call to a mobile number, or a landline, or the other party calls me on the device via their mobile number or landline.

I was offered another RMA, which I received on the 28th. Upon completing my set up, I noticed crackling in the speakers when I adjusted the volumes. I tested out Play Music, and it persisted. So, I contacted Support, and was offered yet another RMA, which I was told would be processed once the faulty device was received. I sent out that device on Thursday. I contacted Support again yesterday, and followed the usual troubleshooting steps to try and fix the issue on the device again, and upon explaining in detail, I was told that I may continue to have this latest issue with voice calls, because of an issue with the network I'm on (T-Mobile Prepaid plan).

One thing I did notice was the build date of each phone. My original 6P was built on October 31st, as is the device in my possession now. The device I sent back because of the crackling speakers had a build date of October 21st.

So, here I am, just waiting for word that they've received the device I sent back, so they can process my third RMA. The question is, what in the world is causing this latest issue? I don't know if it's an issue with the hardware, software, or my SIM card (which I got from T-Mobile free of charge when I first got my original device in December). Is there a way to ask for a phone with a later build date, or am I doomed to keep recycling refurbs built in October? Support assured me that the next device would be checked to ensure all functions well, but I'm concerned I'll just keep going back and forth with them. Not that Google Support hasn't been accommodating, but it *is* frustrating. I was planning on going into a local T-Mobile store today to get a new nano SIM to see if that might help, but I wanted to ask for the opinions of those more well-versed than I first before I went ahead.

Any knowledge, help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the long-winded post. :o :fingers-crossed:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ao4jCh
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire