LightBlog

lundi 29 août 2016

More i9505 modem firmware questions

Hello Again

I created a thread about my planning to update my i9505 (CM11 / XXUFNC4) to CM13 with Heimdal for the firmware flashing and TWRP for the CM flashing.

I am getting the relevant files prepared now and I have some additional questions :)

1. I started by getting XXUHO2J from Sammobile. It is 1.5GB in size. It has yet to complete downloading due to the size but does anyone know what makes it so much bigger than modem firmware found here which the combined download is only 61MB.

2. Sammobile has firmware broken down by country / provider (though many have the same name) while the XDA page just seems to have a generic firmware. Are the XXUHO2J on sammobile for different country / provider different or just the same?

3. Is it better to do with Sammobile firmware or the XDA ones

edit:
4. How does the bootloader on the xda link differ from TWRP which if I understand is a bootloader?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2byJMYL
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire