LightBlog

lundi 29 août 2016

[Q] Major find!? You tell me...

OK, for a change I had enough pieces in my hand to find what I'm pretty sdure is noteworthy. This phone model, especially the T and T1 variants (TMobile/MetroPCS) seem to be suffering from lack of attention. Well, maybe, just maybe we can leverage some help from a sister model with less attention deficit....
I have a Core Prime, initially an SM-G530T1, that i recently unlocked and reflashed aas an SM-G530T. I took advantage of a stock firmware package I found on Android FileHost, packaged nominally as "Samsung+Galaxy+Core+Prime+(SM-G360T)+Stock+Firmware+T-Mobile+Variant" which happened to contain a package named "G360TUVU1AOF8_G360TTMB1AOF8_G360TUVU1AOF8_HOME.ta r.md5"

After a bit of reflection, I realised that of the 3 flavors of stock ROM for the SM-G530T that I pulled from SamMobile there had been an AOF8, AOH9, & APG1 variants. WTF? Double take.... nahhh, oh yeah, for sure for sure. The most immature variant was "G530TUVU1AOF8_G530TTMB1AOF8_G530TUVU1AOF8_HOME.ta r.md5"!!!

Well twist my knickers, but except for the model number difference, according to Samsung's grand firmware naming scheme those two look like identical builds! UVU1AOF8... So pinch me and tell me I'm dreaming. PLEASE!!
I'm going to compare the build properties, because this tells me I should be able to have an APG1 rom on my Core Prime, and a working version of TWRP 3.0.2.0 on my Grand Prime since I spy with my little eye "twrp-3.0.2-0-cprimeltemtr.img" for my Core Prime pulled straight from twrp.me.

So any way, can I get a witness? Have we driven out a demon? Can I get an Amen? Please, someone else expand here. I'm far from an expert, I still get soft-bricked 50% of the time with these seductive little devices, lol. Is this a useful data point, or just a grand falloon (in the words of the immortal Kurt Vonnegut)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bDP0Ej
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire