LightBlog

mercredi 31 août 2016

Will a HDD slow down my AOSP builds?

Hi!

I just recently decided to switch my AOSP build server because my old one was getting way too slow at building AOSP (it would take around 3~4 hours to build 6.0.1 with ccache). I upgraded from this:
Intel Core I3 2350M (4 cores, 4 threads)
8GB RAM
5400RPM HDD

To this:
Intel Core I7 6700HQ (4 cores, 8 threads)
16GB DDR4 RAM
5400RPM HDD

Unfortunately, after trying to freshly build CM13 for the oneplus one on my new system, it STILL took 3~4 hours to complete and I feel like this 5400RPM drive is completely bottlenecking my CPU. I wasn't hoping for any miracles to happen but I was aiming for a build time of around 1 hour...

Is this drive really destroying my CPU's performance?

Thanks for your feedback!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bVQMl9
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire