LightBlog

lundi 28 mars 2016

Updated framework-res.apk in Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 not taken into consideration

Hey!

So, I've updated the framework-res.apk file in a rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 with Android Lollipop. I couldn't use apktool due to a bug (bug #1200 in github for apktool, cannot post link) so I wrote a custom resources.arsc parser to identify the address of the configuration that I want to change and then modified the correct bytes with hexedit. I just wanted to change "config_safe_media_volume_warning_enabled" to FALSE by default, so the hexedit wasn't much of an issue; and apktool actually decodes the new resources.arsc properly w.r.t. the new setting.

So, I did that, repackaged the APK file, and installed it in /system/framework with 644 permissions. Now, the issue is that the setting that I just changed isn't taken into account. I would have expected that if I unset the boolean setting in the framework-res.apk, upon next boot, the safe volume warning would have been disabled when headphones are on; but looks like that isn't the case. It's as if the new framework-res.apk isn't taken into consideration... I've also tried to wipe the dalvik cache with twrp recovery, but still no luck.

Anyone has an idea of why the setting updated in framework-res.apk isn't being considered, and if so, how to make it work?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Mw0oBz
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire