LightBlog

vendredi 29 avril 2016

Sprint S6 Marshmallow update locked me out with new pin requirement for fingerprint.

I am quite frustrated with MM at this point. My wife's phone Sprint S6 had Lollipop on it, and she set up fingerprint unlock. It did not ask for a pin and there was no backup pin/password set up on the phone. The new MM update rolls around and the policy has changed so that it now requires a pin for the fingerprint unlock and it will not use fingerprint authentication after a reboot or 24 hours of not being used. Well her phone went straight to asking for a pin without one ever being set up and refuses to unlock with a fingerprint. Sprint sent us another phone and I have set it up, but so far the old phone is on and I can do anything you can do with a locked phone on the main screen, take pictures or screenshots, open and close the top menu, but I can't sign in to make any changes. The wifi is on, and it connects to my network. I signed into Android Device Manager and can get it to ring, attempt to reset the lock code which does put up another lock screen but it will not let me unlock the phone. Just keeps going back to the pin. She didn't have a Samsung account so I can't use the unlock on the Samsung page. Took it to a Sprint service center and they couldn't do squat of course. It was another center that told me to go to that one for help. Guess that was just a couple hours drive time wasted.

I now have a spreadsheet of pins I have attempted and it's an hour between attempts but I am getting nowhere fast, and feel like I am wasting time. Since the bootloader is locked I can't get Odin to update it to TWRP, and I have downloaded 5.1.1 to try and push it back but that too is locked out when I try Odin. I logged into the bootloader and have tried to Apply Update from ADB, but I can't seem to find an OTA version of 5.1.1 for Sprint SM-G920P. I can find the .tar.md5 version bit Odin will not let me put it on, I am assuming because it isn't letting me go backward.

I did manage to get all of my contacts off the phone because we still hadn't deleted the bluetooth connection to our car, and it pulls all of the contacts to the car when you connect a phone. So I let it connect to the car, pulled the contacts and then used my phone to video as I scrolled through the contacts and expanded the ones that were truncated on the screen.

The only thing I want now would be some of the pictures, and I can't get to those since there's no micro SD card on an S6. So at this point I don't know if this is just a rant or if someone knows if there is anything I can possibly Update through ADB to help me get into my phone? I have a few more days before I have to send it back to Sprint as they called and wanted it already, but I told them they needed to give me more time since someone (Sprint, Google, or Samsung) let this particular scenario slip by before they pushed this update. Having the phone just sitting here beeping with updates and updating software all the while not letting me in is like it's just screwing with me. If it would just allow the fingerprint to unlock this would be done. Anyone have any ideas?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1rGLZdc
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire