LightBlog

jeudi 30 juin 2016

Hammerhead CM13 Kali Kexec, driver issues.

Hello XDA,

Im back again with another personal project I'm having some issues with. First, a bit of explanation as to why I've chosen to attempt this.
I was running a heavily modified stock rom with nethunter 5.1.0 that was incredibly unstable, and eventually crashed right out on me (modified using root based apps so the crash was my fault) .
So I grabbed the CM13 snapshot for hammerhead, and layered on nethunter 3.0 (big fan since BT3), only to find out my wifi card isn't supported. On 5.1.0 I also had this issue
(see here http://ift.tt/hsj9ah)/showpost.php?p=64400679
which I managed to fix with a simple source build with a few extra options checked in menuconfig.
Sadly it doesn't seem to be quite that easy with CM13 and marshmellow.

I'm using the DWA160-b2 wifi adapter, which from my research, uses the rt2800usb chipset, which supposedly points to the rt5572 driver. So, I enabled the corresponding options in menuconfig , although I cant remember the exact wording at this moment (using winblows to write this, and not my linux) and I still have no life in my wifi card.

So, after even more research, I found out I should be able to cross-compile the required drivers using the arm-eabi tools. However, after trying I've come to the conclusion that there is no arm based config for this driver. So then I tried backports, and recieved an error about incomplete linux headers (I assume because of the chroot, because my headers are all installed).

Now finally my question:
How do I go about compiling this driver for arm? Or is there a know working arm driver for this particular card? As I have not come across one in my searching. Also please dont say get a new wifi card lol I have a few different usb wifi cards, all with the same issue (albeit different chipsets).


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29fmb1T
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire