LightBlog

mercredi 29 juin 2016

My Way of Turning Cell Radio off When Wifi Connected

I'm sure this has been done with Tasker etc, but here is my way of turning off the cell radio when connected to my home wifi. Saw just shy of 6 hours screen on time today for the first time so thought I'd share.

When connected to home/work wifi, it turns off the cell radio, thereby relying on Wifi for Project Fi calls and texts. When leaving home/work wifi range, cell radio is re-enabled.

Download and install Automate: http://ift.tt/296DsMw

Open it and click on the people icon on the top right corner of the app. Search Project Fi Airplane Mode. This is my "flow", download it then back out to the main screen.

Click "Project Fi Home Wifi=Airplane Mode". Click the pen icon on top, then Flowchart. Here we will change it from my network to yours. Click on the "when wifi connected" box. When you're connected to your home or work wifi network, select pick a network box and select it. Click done Click check mark on top. Install the permissions listed on this screen. Click start. Enjoy some nice battery savings Project Fi users!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29gTz7m
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire