LightBlog

jeudi 30 juin 2016

New to android, custom security rom

Hello,

First of all I would like to say that I'm completely new to android (except for the occasional dabblin on a friends phone) so please go easy on me. I am tech savy, but just never had anything to do with this platform, due to my not so nice opinion of google...

I am on blackberry passport and am/was a loyal bb customer with all that follows. But please I do not wish to start android vs bb vs ios etc thread. It is a matter of taste in the end.

So long story short, never had anything to do with IOS or android as I prefered BB for security, productivity and slimeline OS. However due to recent BB swithc to android and priv (which id god awful imho) and apparent abandonment of OS10 i am faced with increasing frustraton over current passport usage as it is more and more laggy problematic every day. So seeming that bb has abandoned os10 I have finnaly decided that perhaps it is a time for a different platform.

I am considering getting the oneplus 3.
So my questions are:
- What kernel and ROM to flash? I explicitly do not want anything to do with google or google services, i do not have gmail and have no intentions to open one. I do not use any service connected to google, no cloud sync, no FB, no instagram etc.... I want my phone google free, bloatware, spyware, ads free, cloud sync free etc. so basically I want as much control over what is installed as possible, with preferably NO personal info shared to any service.
- What is the most open source build? (coming from a viewpoint that google is evil, apple too.. I am putting my trust in the open source community) - replicant project peaked my interest, but the supported phones are too old and too few. I would be extremely pleased tho, if sth like this existed for newer phones.
- Encryption is a must, both of memory and communication (pgp)
- advanced app permission control is a must
- if there exist sth like BB hub or other similar true multitasking option even better
to put it simply, what custom rom and kernel to flash to get the most secure, opensource, google and similar companies free phone with maximum control over os and no to minimum personal info shared.

I would very much appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. As i said no experiance with android, but am quick learner and tech savy. so no need to dumb it down for me.
Thank you !!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29eTfs6
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire